Errors related to zlib1.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, zlib1.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because zlib1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting zlib1.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading zlib1.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because zlib1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- zlib1.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall zlib1.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about zlib1.dll
zlib1.dll - zlib data compression library, developed by Jean-loup Gailly and Mark Adler (www.zlib.net)
Zlib1.dll is an application that is designed to compress and decompress data without any loss of data in the process. It is also designed to work on any hardware and any operating system.
Errors caused by problems with zlib1.dll can occur in any "Microsoft Windows" operating system. The universal solution to your problems is to download and re-install a new copy of the zlib1.dll file.
Known programs using this file: