Errors related to xinput1_3.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, xinput1_3.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because xinput1_3.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting xinput1_3.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading xinput1_3.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because xinput1_3.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- xinput1_3.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall xinput1_3.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about xinput1_3.dll
XInput is an API that allows applications to receive input from the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows (part of the DirectX archive). It is therefore packaged with a vast array of PC games in order to give the gamer an option to use a controller. It does contain other similar functions of controller interfaces meaning even if the game does not allow the use of a controller, xinput1_3.dll and other files part of the archive may be needed.
If it for some reason doesn't work by just replacing the file, you might need to reinstall DirectX. Download it from the Microsoft website