Errors related to winhttp.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, winhttp.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because winhttp.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting winhttp.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading winhttp.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because winhttp.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- winhttp.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall winhttp.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about winhttp.dll
The winhttp.dll supports the "Microsoft HTTP interface". It is also connected to the "WinINet" application that supports the use of interactive message dialogs. Thus the winhttp.dll file is the opposite of the "WinINet" application due to the fact that the winhttp.dll is running in the background and no interaction is required.
Errors related to the winhttp.dll file are commonly occurring when a program is running, starting-up or even when "Microsoft Windows" is starting-up or shutting-down. If you are having trouble with winhttp.dll your pc will become slower, and unreliable. Programs may shut-down unexpectedly and cause data-loss.
Errors caused by problems with winhttp.dll are commonly occurring in all of the "Microsoft Windows" operating systems. The universal solution to your problems is to download and re-install a new copy of the winhttp.dll file.