Errors related to slimdx.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, slimdx.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because slimdx.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting slimdx.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading slimdx.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because slimdx.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- slimdx.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall slimdx.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about slimdx.dllSlimdx.dll - SlimDX is a free open source framework that enables developers to easily build DirectX applications using .NET technologies such as C#, VB.NET, and IronPython. It is designed to be an efficient, simple, and lean wrapper that fully encompasses all of Microsoft's gaming and multimedia technologies and exposes them to managed code.
If, for some reason, replacing this file is not enough to solve your error, try re-installing the entire End User Runtime package. Available at slimdx download page