Errors related to shell32.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, shell32.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because shell32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting shell32.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading shell32.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because shell32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- shell32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall shell32.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about shell32.dll
The shell32.dll is a necessary part of "Microsoft Windows" operating system, it helps maintain a stability in the operating system. It is also necessary in order to open web pages and files in the operating system. Shell32.dll also enables a number of operations that are a vital part of "Microsoft Windows."
Errors related to the shell32.dll file are commonly occurring when a program is running, starting-up or even when "Microsoft Windows" is starting-up or shutting-down. If you are having trouble with shell32.dll your pc will become slower, and unreliable. Programs may shut-down unexpected and cause data-loss.