Errors related to qtcore4.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, qtcore4.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because qtcore4.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting qtcore4.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading qtcore4.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because qtcore4.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- qtcore4.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall qtcore4.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about qtcore4.dll
qtcore4.dll is a part of the Qt framework, used for developing cross platform application software.
Some programs known to use this file include:
- mbam - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
A specific issue that has been reported is a qtcore4.dll error related to DaemonProcess.exe, that seems to be linked to the Android app/backup manager Mobogenie, for linking your smartphone and your PC. If you didn't consciously install this product it is possible it was accessed if you connected your phone to your computer for charging. I assume that the strange behavior is not intended for the software and stems from a corrupted installation.
To get rid of this error:
Uninstall Mobogenie from your control panel.
If this is not possible (corruption causes the uninstall entry to be gone), first delete the Mobogenie folder in your C:\Program Files\ directory. Then remove the startup entry.
How to remove the Startup entry:
Win XP, VISTA, 7: Press "Windows"-key + "R" to bring up the "Run" dialogue. In "Run" dialogue type "msconfig" and hit Enter Under the tab "Startup", uncheck any boxes relating to Mobogenie or DaemonProcess.exe .
Win 8: Press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC at the same time to bring up the Task Manager. Under the tab "Start-up", uncheck any boxes relating to these files Mobogenie or DaemonProcess.exe .