Errors related to openal32.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, openal32.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because openal32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting openal32.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading openal32.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because openal32.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- openal32.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall openal32.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about openal32.dll
openal32.dll - Standard OpenAL Implementation
OpenAL (Open Audio Library) is a cross-platform audio application programming interface (API). It is designed for efficient rendering of multichannel three-dimensional positional audio. Its API style and conventions deliberately resemble those of OpenGL. Early versions of the framework were open source software, but the later revisions are proprietary.
OpenAL is an environmental 3D audio library that aims to provide an open replacement for proprietary (and generally incompatible with one another) 3D audio systems such as EAX and A3D. OpenAL can add realism to a game by simulating attenuation (degradation of sound over distance), the Doppler effect (change in frequency as a result of motion), and material densities.
Read more at Wikipedias OpenAL page
OpenAL32.dll is often used by games, but can also be used by other software wishing to make use of its capabilities.
openal32.dll is commonly found in the install folder of the game or program using it.
example: C:\Program Files (x86)\"Game name"\openal32.dll
Some games using this file:
- Football Manager
- Farming Simulator
i have installed grid but when i start that there is an error that openai32.dll is missing and now i have download this file but there is anoter error that "the procedure entry point alsource3i could not located in the dynamic link library openal32.dll"
i dont have to use unzip folder for this one, after downloading this file it says that "The procedure entry point alSource3i could not be located in the dynamic link library openal32.dll"
[DLL-Files support says:]
entry point "alSource3i" is available in both version 6.14.357.22 and 6.14.357.24. Replace older version with one of these to solve "Entry point alSource3i missing in dynamic link library" error