Errors related to msvcr90.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, msvcr90.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because msvcr90.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting msvcr90.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading msvcr90.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because msvcr90.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- msvcr90.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall msvcr90.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about msvcr90.dll
Errors related to the mscvr90.dll file are among the most common errors that "Microsoft Windows" user will encounter when using the operating system. The file is connected to the "Microsoft Visual Studio" and contains a dynamic link library that the "Microsoft Visual Studio" needs in order to work properly.