Errors related to msvcr80.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, msvcr80.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because msvcr80.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting msvcr80.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading msvcr80.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because msvcr80.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- msvcr80.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall msvcr80.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about msvcr80.dll
The msvcr80.dll file is a module connected to "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005". In order for "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005" to function properly the msvcr80.dll is needed. The file is also used by applications that in some way are connected or authored by "Microsoft Visual Studio 2005".