Errors related to msvcr71.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, msvcr71.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because msvcr71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting msvcr71.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading msvcr71.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because msvcr71.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- msvcr71.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall msvcr71.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about msvcr71.dll
This file, msvcr71.dll supports the "Microsoft Visual C Runtime" library version 7.1 engine. This file is necessary in order for "Windows" to run applications that have been written in C++. Some applications that use this file are Microsoft Office and Microsoft Visual Studio. The file is also used by some "Non-Microsoft" applications that utilize the .NET framework.
Errors related to the msvcr71.dll file can possibly occur in all of the different versions of "Microsoft Windows" operating systems. The universal solution is to download and re-install a new copy of the msvcr71.dll file.
If replacing the missing or corrupted msvcr71.dll does not solve your problem, you might want to install the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 Redistributable Package available from the microsoft.com website