Errors related to msvcr70.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, msvcr70.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because msvcr70.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting msvcr70.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading msvcr70.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because msvcr70.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- msvcr70.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall msvcr70.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about msvcr70.dll
The msvcr70.dll file is a module in "Microsoft Visual C++ 7.0 Runtime library", it contains standard C library functions. Msvcr70.dll also contains code that is necessary in order to run applications that are written in C++. These kind of applications cannot run without this file. The msvcr70.dll file is also an important part of the "Microsoft Foundation Class" and "Microsoft" strongly advises users not to delete, move or change this file.