Errors related to msvcp71.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, msvcp71.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because msvcp71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting msvcp71.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading msvcp71.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because msvcp71.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- msvcp71.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall msvcp71.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about msvcp71.dll
The msvcp71.dll is a module containing link libraries of instructions to the "Microsoft Runtime C Library". The msvcp71.dll file is used by most of the programs compiled in certain versions of MS Visual C or C++.
Errors related to the msvcp71.dll file are often caused by accidental actions that were not intended. These actions have led to the fact that the msvcp71.dll file has become corrupt or been moved or deleted.
Should replacing the msvcp71.dll not solve your problem in the system folder or the program installation folder, try re-installing the failing application, as the msvcp71.dll is supposed to be distributed with all software that needs it.