Errors related to msvcp120.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, msvcp120.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because msvcp120.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting msvcp120.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading msvcp120.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because msvcp120.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- msvcp120.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall msvcp120.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about msvcp120.dll
msvcp120.dll is a part of Microsoft Visual C++ and is often required for running programs developed with Visual C++.
Some games or applications may need the file in the game/application installation folder. Copying it from Windows systemfolder to the install-folder of the game/application should fix that problem. Make sure to use the 32bit dll-file for 32bit software, and 64bit dll-file for 64bit software.
If it for some reason doesn't work by just replacing the file, you might need to re-install the Microsoft visual C++ Redistributable package which can be found at Microsoft Support
x86 for 32bit (x86) Windows, x64 for 64bit (x64) Windows. If using a 64bit Windows, install both.