Errors related to litezip.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, litezip.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because litezip.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting litezip.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading litezip.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because litezip.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- litezip.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall litezip.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about litezip.dll
LiteZip.dll and LiteUnzip.dll are two Win32 Dynamic Link libraries. The former has functions to create a ZIP archive (i.e., compress numerous files into a ZIP file). The latter has functions to extract the contents of a ZIP archive.
This project is largely based upon work by Lucian Wischik, who in turn based his work on gzip 1.1.4, zlib, and info-zip which are by Jean-Loup Gailly and Mark Adler. Lucian's code has been reworked to be written in plain C, using only the Win32 API, and packaged into 2 DLLs. (Also some improvements to error-checking, some added functionality, and code-reduction/stream-lining was accomplished.)
More info at LiteZip and LiteUnzip