Errors related to irrlicht.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, irrlicht.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because irrlicht.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting irrlicht.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading irrlicht.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because irrlicht.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- irrlicht.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall irrlicht.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about irrlicht.dll
The Irrlicht Engine is an open source high performance realtime 3D engine written in C++. It is completely cross-platform, using D3D, OpenGL and its own software renderers, and has all of the state-of-the-art features which can be found in commercial 3d engines. We've got a huge active community, and there are lots of projects in development that use the engine. You can find enhancements for Irrlicht all over the web, like alternative terrain renderers, portal renderers, exporters, world layers, tutorials, editors, language bindings for java, perl, ruby, basic, python, lua, and so on. And best of all: It's completely free.