Errors related to gdiplus.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, gdiplus.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because gdiplus.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting gdiplus.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading gdiplus.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because gdiplus.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- gdiplus.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall gdiplus.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about gdiplus.dll
Gdiplus.dll is an important component as it contains multiple libraries that support the "GDI Window manager" in "Microsoft Windows" operating systems. Gdiplus.dll makes two-dimensional drawing easier and it enables anti-aliasing, gradient shading and intrinsic support for modern graphic files such as JPEG and PNG-files.