Errors related to fc64.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, fc64.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because fc64.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting fc64.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading fc64.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because fc64.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- fc64.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall fc64.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about fc64.dll
If getting an 0xc0000142 error for this file? Here is a solution;
1. Remove FC64.dll. It's location: Uplay version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Far Cry 4\bin - Steam version: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Far Cry 4\bin
2. Verify your game files: For Uplay version - in the left panel of the game (first you have to click on GAMES in the top left corner, then on "FarCry4"), there is a drop-down menu next to "PLAY" button. For Steam version - open your library -> right click on FarCry4 -> Properties -> Local files -> Verify integrity of game cache.