Errors related to eax.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, eax.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because eax.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting eax.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading eax.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because eax.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- eax.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall eax.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about eax.dll
According to wikipedia, "The Environmental Audio Extensions (or EAX) are a number of digital signal processing presets for audio, present in Creative Technology's later Sound Blaster sound cards and the Creative NOMAD/Creative ZEN product lines. EAX displaced the alternative A3D (Aureal 3-Dimensional) in 2001. As of 2010, EAX is rarely used, with modern games utilizing the CPU to process 3D audio rather than relying on dedicated hardware."
Creative says that "EAX® is a collection of powerful, innovative audio technologies designed by Creative's world-class team of audio professionals. The sophisticated environment effects of EAX provide a greater sense of realism to the whole gaming experience. Additional audio cues provided by EAX also give gamers a competitive advantage in multiplayer games. It is therefore no surprise that EAX has been widely acknowledged as the premier choice for interactive 3D audio for games."