Errors related to dx9.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, dx9.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because dx9.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting dx9.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading dx9.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because dx9.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- dx9.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall dx9.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about dx9.dll
[2014-03-26] This page is the wiki page for the file Dx9.dll.
Are you getting an error for "Failed to load DX9 DLL"?
This error is referring to a "DX9 dll", a dll-file installed by DirectX 9, and not the file "dx9.dll"
How to solve this error for South park - The stick of truth, in Steam;
Find out what DLL is the problem.
Go to the game folder (eg. "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\South Park - The Stick of Truth\") and run "South Park - The Stick of Truth.exe" outside of the Steam client. You should get a separate error message that will tell you what DLL is broken.
Find the missing file at www.dll-files.com , Download and install.
alternatively, download the latest direct x redistributable from msdn and it should then work..