Errors related to d3dx9_39.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, d3dx9_39.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because d3dx9_39.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting d3dx9_39.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading d3dx9_39.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx9_39.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- d3dx9_39.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall d3dx9_39.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about d3dx9_39.dll
D3dx9_39.dll related errors are common while trying to run applications that require “Microsoft DirectX” to be displayed properly. Most errors are caused while trying to run games because games are the most frequent applications that require “Microsoft DirectX”. Other applications that utilize “Microsoft DirectX” are advanced graphic applications such as AutoCAD and otherwise.
If it for some reason doesn't work by just replacing the file, you might need to reinstall the entire DirectX 9 package. You can find that on the Microsoft website