Errors related to d3dx11_42.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, d3dx11_42.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because d3dx11_42.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting d3dx11_42.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading d3dx11_42.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because d3dx11_42.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- d3dx11_42.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall d3dx11_42.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about d3dx11_42.dll
d3dx11_42.dll related errors are common while trying to run applications that require “Microsoft DirectX”. It is common to get errors while trying to run games because games are the most frequent applications that require “Microsoft DirectX”, but also other programs uses this file.
d3dx11_42.dll is commonly found in the same folder as the program using it, but can also be located in Windows system directories.
example: C:\Program Files (x86)\"Game name"\d3dx11_42.dll
Some programs using this file;
- CyberLink PowerDirector
- Battlefield Bad Company 2
- Ryse: Son of Rome
If, for some reason, just replacing the file does not help your problem, you might need to re-install DirectX, available at the microsoft.com website