Errors related to d3dref9.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, d3dref9.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because d3dref9.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting d3dref9.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading d3dref9.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because d3dref9.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- d3dref9.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall d3dref9.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about d3dref9.dll
D3d9.dll related errors are common while trying to run applications that require “Microsoft DirectX” to be displayed properly. Most errors are caused while trying to run games because games are the most frequent users that require “Microsoft DirectX”.
This file is commonly installed together with games, or other programs utilixing Direct X. Should replacing this file not solve your issue, try re-installing the program with the problem.
If it for some reason doesn't work by just replacing the file, you might need to reinstall DirectX. Download it from the Microsoft website