Errors related to d3dcompiler_43.dll can arise for a few different different reasons. For instance, a faulty application, d3dcompiler_43.dll has been deleted or misplaced, corrupted by malicious software present on your PC or a damaged Windows registry.
The most commonly occurring error messages are:
- The program can't start because d3dcompiler_43.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
- There was a problem starting d3dcompiler_43.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- Error loading d3dcompiler_43.dll. The specified module could not be found.
- The code execution cannot proceed because d3dcompiler_43.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.
- d3dcompiler_43.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vender for support.
In the vast majority of cases, the solution is to properly reinstall d3dcompiler_43.dll on your PC, to the Windows system folder. Alternatively, some programs, notably PC games, require that the DLL file is placed in the game/application installation folder.
For detailed installation instructions, see our FAQ.
Additional details about d3dcompiler_43.dll
d3dcompiler_43.dll related errors are common while trying to run applications that require “Microsoft DirectX”. Errors are common while trying to run games because games, but also for other programs that require “Microsoft DirectX”.
d3dcompiler_43.dll is commonly found in the same folder as the program using it, but can also be located in Windows system directories.
example: C:\Program Files (x86)\"program name"\d3dcompiler_43.dll
Some programs using this file;
- FARCRY 4
- Browsers, such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome
- the Evil Within
- Elder Scrolls Online, ESO
- Assassins Creed IV
If it for some reason isn't enough to just replace the file, you might need to reinstall DirectX. Find it at Microsoft page How to install the latest version of DirectX