Contribute to DLL-files Wiki »
Xvidcore.dll belongs to the Xvid Codec that you must install in order to watch Xvid movies, the Xvid Codec is an open-source application and is free to download. Problems can arise when you try to run Xvid movies and the codec-files cannot be found.
The most common occurring error messages caused by problems with xvidcore.dll:
• "Xvidcore.dll Not Found."
• "This application failed to start because xvidcore.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."
• "Cannot find [PATH]\xvidcore.dll."
• "The file xvidcore.dll is missing."
• "Cannot start [APPLICATION]. A required component is missing: xvidcore.dll. Please install [APPLICATION] again."
Errors related to the xvidcore.dll file are commonly occurring when a program is running, starting-up or even when "Microsoft Windows" is starting-up or shutting-down. If you are having trouble with xvidcore.dll your pc will become slower, and unreliable. Programs may shut-down unexpected and cause data-loss.
Errors caused by problems with xvidcore.dll are commonly occurring in all of the "Microsoft Windows" operating systems. The universal solution to your problems is to download and re-install a new copy of the xvidcore.dll file.
Comments made by users:
Unzipped to system32 file. Problem went away. Great fix!